#STATUS - Project Stopped
I don't own C++Builder/RAD Studio and therefore cannot properly maintain this.
If I were to pick this up again, I would start with a clean fork as protobuf has since moved to GitHub. The project was in svn on Google Code when I originally started this.
An attempt to make the Google's Protocol Buffers (protobuf) build in the Windows based compiler, C++ Builder by Embarcadero.
- libprotobuf and libprotobuf-lite should all be working now.
- protoc.exe has some problems when parsing options in a proto file. I've spent a bit of time on this and have not yet been able to determine what's going on. For now, use a pre-built protoc.exe to generate the actual C++ classes.
- I've tested my changes on both gcc and MSVC and all unit tests still pass.
- Unit tests are building now. Next step is to get them all running.
- For some reason the TEST(WireFormatTest, ZigZag) is not compiling. Still need to sort this out.
- Currently, only C++Builder XE is supported. Looking into options on how to support multiple versions of the IDE.