Sample application for searching highways and drawing them on google maps.
I basically wanted an excuse to try out:
- Install Django (I used version 1.2.3).
- Create the database tables with
python manage.py syncdb(create an admin user when prompted).
- Load some data into the database
python manage.py loaddata db/prod.json.
- Start the development server
python manage.py runserver.
- Django's admin (CRUD operations on the models): http://localhost:8000/admin
- Sample application built with backbone.js: http://localhost:8000/carreteras
You might want to try some states with data like:
- Nuevo León.
- San Luis Potosí.