Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Release Notes - SABnzbd 2.3.0
- Improved download performance 10-15% on CPU limited devices
by optimizations and by removing redundant article verification.
Linux/NAS: Update of SABYenc to version 3.3.1 is required.
Update your package or see https://sabnzbd.org/sabyenc
Windows/macOS: Update is included in the installers.
Changes since 2.2.1
- Option to limit Servers to specific Categories removed
- Improved par2 handling and obfuscated files detection
- Duplicate filenames in NZB's no longer rejected by default
- Set custom URL instead of /sabnzbd/ (in Config > Specials)
- Article-state (which servers are tried) is preserved after restart
- Auto disconnect (if enabled) only after verification of last item
- Slight performance improvement when fetching RSS-feeds
- Job title from RSS-feed is shown for URLs being grabbed
- URL grabbing can now be individually paused
- Scheduler can pause/unpause jobs in specific category
- Series Duplicate Checker can allow PROPER/REAL/REPACK versions
- Refresh-icon in Glitter when refresh rate is above 2 seconds
- Different icon for downloads with Force priority
- Show progress during verification of extra files
- All dates and times are now time zone independent
- API: 'missing' field removed from 'queue', use 'mbmissing'
- API: 'warnings' method now returns array for better handling
- macOS: Bundled new OpenSSL version with support for TLSv1.2
- macOS: No longer linked to system certificate store
- macOS and Windows: Installers include Mozilla CA certificates
Bugfixes since 2.2.1
- Reduce CPU usage with multiple servers
- Fix yet another potential stalling issue
- Remove Timeout tracebacks
- Handle locked history database better
- Only warn if number of actual passwords is larger than 30
- Unexpected behavior when diskspace becomes critically low
- Retried jobs would show incorrect download progress
- Password file was loaded from disk excessively
- API: Correct listing of downloaded and queued files in 'get_files'
- API: Number of bytes missing and downloaded could be slightly off
- API: Jobs with Force priority should always have status 'Downloading'
- MacOS: Direct Unpack could hang in case of special characters in names
- Windows: Unpack could fail if started instantly after previous one
- Windows: Download with many par2 sets could get listed as failed
Upgrading from 2.2.x and older
- Finish queue
- Stop SABnzbd
- Install new version
- Start SABnzbd
- When upgrading from 2.1.0 or older the queue will be converted. Job order,
settings and data will be preserved, but all jobs will be unpaused and
URL's that did not finish fetching before the upgrade will be lost.
- The organization of the download queue is different from 0.7.x releases.
This version will not see the 0.7.x queue, but you can restore the jobs
by going to Status page and using Queue Repair.
Known problems and solutions
- Read the file "ISSUES.txt"
SABnzbd is an open-source cross-platform binary newsreader.
It simplifies the process of downloading from Usenet dramatically, thanks
to its web-based user interface and advanced built-in post-processing options
that automatically verify, repair, extract and clean up posts downloaded
(c) Copyright 2007-2017 by "The SABnzbd-team" <firstname.lastname@example.org>