Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the SAGA/BigJob Tutorial.
In the next two sessions we will cover the basics of SAGA and BigJob. In the first session (10:00-10:30 minutes) we will present an overview of SAGA and BigJob. In the second session (11:00-11:45 minutes), we will present hands-on examples of how to use SAGA and BigJob to solve some canonical use cases.
Relevant URLs are:
- SAGA: http://saga-project.org
- SAGA-Python: http://saga-project.github.io/saga-python/
- BigJob: http://saga-project.github.io/BigJob/
- BigJob Manual: http://saga-project.github.io/BigJob/sphinxdoc/index.html
- BigJob tutorial: http://saga-project.github.io/BigJob/sphinxdoc/tutorial/index.html
This is a "hands-on" session. We expect everyone will have one of the following: (i) access to a linux based machine (e.g., laptop), and/or (ii) access/accounts on the OSDC infrastructure (Sullivan).
- SAGA-Python on OSDC: https://github.com/saga-project/tutorials/wiki/SAGA-Python-on-OSDC
- Let's learn the basics by going through the tutorial.
- Be sure to finish the tutorial later
- Although we will go through tutorial on your local laptops, we strongly encourage you to use OSDC infrastructure as well. Explicit Instructions on how to use SAGA on Sullivan will be posted here. Watch this space.
- Please follow instructions to install BigJob (locally) and to run locally. Here is a link to the tutorial
- Note: When using your laptop you should install redis on your laptop; when using Sullivan, use the following location of redis on Sullivan:
- Using BigJob to run some simple multi-task scenarios ("patterns") locally:
- BigJob on OSDC: https://github.com/saga-project/tutorials/wiki/BigJob-on-OSDC
- Be sure to finish the tutorial later. In particular, be sure to compare and contrast the mandelbrot example.