Thank you for contributing to Sagefy! This document covers basic guidelines for contributing to Sagefy.
Not sure where to help out? We have some ideas in our Want to Help guide.
Reach out to email@example.com for help!
Create and edit content through the discussion section within the Sagefy interface. You will want to get familiar with Cards & Subjects. More docs coming soon!
Pull Request Checklist
For each pull request:
- Review and agree to release the code under the terms in the Apache 2.0 license.
- Pass the linters and existing automated tests.
- Document each function.
- Follow the code styleguide, as documented below.
- Write at least one test per function.
- Let another person review the code.
Global Code Styling
- Two spaces per tab.
- No extra whitespace at the ends of lines.
- A single line break at the end of the file.
- A maximum of 80 characters per line.
- Underscores: Database names
- Dashes: Filenames, URLs, CSS, HTML attributes
- Create, Edit, Delete: URLs, Page names, Attributes, User copy
- Create, Update, Delete: Postgres, GraphQL
- Table names are singular.
- Field names are singular, unless an array.
- Join tables use both names, and both in singular form.
- Don't use negative named booleans. Stay positive.
- IDs are always randomly generated strings.
modified, using those exact names, when sensible.
namefor title, name, or subject.
bodyfor body, message, description.
kindfor kind or type.
- Use third normal form unless there's no query requirement.
- Mobile is the first and default styling. Use
@media (min-width...)and never use
- Explain the necessity of each additional styling.
- The least markup possible.
- Use Markdown when possible as the default.