Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
A CoCalc project is based on a full Linux-based file-system.
In order to structure your project, you can create subdirectories (folders).
In "Files", there is a navigation breadcrumb bar guiding you through the filesystem.
- At any time, you can click on the "Home" icon to jump back into you home directory.
- If you are in a subdirectory "foo", it is indicated as "[HOME] / foo" and highlighted as blue hyperlinks.
- After traversing upwards in a nested tree of directories, the previous subdirectories are grayed out. That helps with navigating back quickly into the previous subdirectory.
- Click on the dropdown menu of "Create" and select "Folder".
- Similarly, in "+ New", there is a "Folder" button.
- In the file search box in "Files", you can also create a new directory by entering the name ending in a trailing slash. For example, try
subdir1/and hit return.