- Small footprint
- Ecmascript ES5/ES5.1 compliant
- Some post-ES5 features
- Built-in Unicode support
- Tail call support
- CommonJS-based module loading system
- Support for native modules written in C
- Rich standard library
- Binary name 25% shorter than Node
See the full list here.
Check it out here.
Skookum JS currently supports Linux and macOS. See compilation instructions here.
Check the LICENSE file.
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé (@saghul)
Please see CONTRIBUTING.
sjs would not have been possible without some other projects existing. Some served as a source of inspiration, some as a source of actual code, and the author would like to thank them all.
- Duktape: The engine that powers sjs. This project would not have been possible without Duktape. :hearteyes:
- libuv: A lot of the cross-platform code was borrowed from here.
- CPython: Python's canonical interpreter was an inspiration, specially for the standard library components.