Portfolio | Simon Gilbert
Table of Contents
- Pessimistic Concurrency for Azure NoSQL Table Storage (C# ASP.Net Core)
- Docker & Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) Twilio SMS Api (C# ASP.Net Core)
- ReactJS & Redux Client-Side Validation Postback SPA (C# ASP.Net Core)
Pessimistic Concurrency for Azure NoSQL Table Storage (C# ASP.Net Core)
- Azure Cloud.
- DevOps (Continuous Integration).
- Using Azure NoSQL Table Storage due to low cost benefits.
- Concurrent Api layer written using C# ASP.Net Core.
- Multiple Api instances running in Microsoft Azure.
- Azure NoSQL Table Storage uses optimistic concurrency by default.
- Potential of race conditions and data loss due to concurrent implemetation.
- Implementation of an advanced pessmistic concurrency lock over Azure NoSQL Table Storage.
- Substantial reduction of database costs.
- Circumvention of data loss through race condition prevention.
Docker & Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) Twilio SMS Api (C# ASP.Net Core)
- Azure Cloud.
- Container Orchestration.
- Using Twilio's SMS service due to low cost benefits.
- Api must be portable.
- Deployment must be streamlined.
- Use of Docker to containerise and isolate Api.
- Use of Kubernetes (AKS) to orchestrate containers and ensure constant up-time.
- Server cost reduction (OS installation's).
- Ensure Api is portable due to container isolation.
- Virtualise the operating system, not the physical hardware (e.g. Virtual Machine's).
ReactJS & Redux Client-Side Validation Postback SPA (C# ASP.Net Core)
- Full Stack.
- Using ReactJS to encapsulate form components and efficiently validate client-side before postback.
- SPA must validate form input data without hitting the server-side Api.
- Use of regular expressions, executed on the client-side to validate the form data.
- Removed unnecessary server throughput due to only valid for submissions being posted back, server-side.
- Provides beautifully encapsulated form components, for clean code and true separation of concerns.