I re-wrote my blog using a new stack of web technologies including:
- ASP.NET Core 2.2
- Entity Framework Core 2.2
- Vue 2.x
- Bootstrap 4
- Azure Websites and Azure Blob Storage
This code runs in the wild at https://saschamanns.de with Microsoft Azure
How to customize that blog for my needs
- create an empty SQL database (MS-SQL) and write down your credentials.
- save the MannsBlog/config.json as MannsBlog/config.Production.json (in MannsBlog and MannsBlog.Data) and fill it with your credentials (at least specify the MannsDb:ConnectionString).
- if you already have blogposts you can replace the dummies in MannsBlog/MemoryRepository.cs with them.
- open MannsBLog.Data/MannsInitializer.cs and search for
var result = await _userMgr.CreateAsync(user, "P@ssw0rd!");and replace @Password with a new strong password.
- Do a
dotnet ef database updatein MannsBlog.Data (it prepares the database and seeds your prepared blogposts to the database).
- To add new blogposts, you can use Tools like Open Live Writer (http://openlivewriter.org/). Just add "livewriter" after your domain (e.g. https://yourdomain/livewriter). The API is compatible to MetaWeblog.
- The implemented (non database) datasources are stored as json objects in MannsBlog/Data. Its services are placed in MannsBlog/Services/DataProviders.
- The Views are defined in MannsBlog/Views and can changed there. All needed controllers for that views are placed in MannsBLog/Controllers.
- Have a lot of fun.