Sailor MVC Lua Framework v0.3 - Jupiter
Sailor is an MVC Framework and you can use it to make web development in Lua.
What's new from Sailor v0.2 Mars?
- Friendly urls
- Inspect function for better debugging => similar to a var dump
- Custom 404 pages
- Runs over Lighttpd, Xavante and Lwan web servers
- Model generation (reading from DB)
- CRUD generation (reading from model)
- Theme and layout (now you can have multiple layouts inside a theme. e.g. 1-column and 2-column)
- Bug fixes and general improvements
What's coming on next?
- Integration with a test suite
- Improvements of Lua on the client side
- Integration with mod_lua's DB API and DB module refactor
- Improvements in the ORM
Quick install example for Unix, using Xavante web server:
luarocks install sailor sailor_create "my app" /var/www cd /var/www/my_app lua start-server.lua
ATTENTION: If you are upgrading from version 0.2.1 to 0.3 you might have an issue with shared files during app creation. If it's the case, then you need to remove the current sailor version before installing the new one.
Different environments and more info
Take a look at our docs for installations for Windows, Linux or Mac + First app tutorial + Reference Manual - http://sailorproject.org/?r=docs
OS - Windows, Mac and Linux
Servers - Apache2 with mod_lua, Nginx distro OpenResty, Mongoose, Xavante, Lwan and Lighthttpd
Databases - MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and all databases supported by the luasql library
More information about stuff we use:
LP Templates - http://keplerproject.github.io/cgilua/manual.html#templates
Lua at client - https://github.com/felipedaragon/lua_at_client
Valua - https://github.com/Etiene/valua
Do I have to pay for this?
No. Sailor is free software, we use the MIT License. Your help is appreciated though on testing the software and providing comments and feedback. We also accept donations: http://sailorproject.org/?r=main/donate
Copyright (c) 2014-2015, Etiene Dalcol
Sailor contains the following MIT-licensed, third-party code from Lua at Client, Remy and CGILua. For detailed credits and licenses, check the source files.