How do I add a new Sails 101 tutorial app?
- Fork this repository.
- Create a new sails101 tutorial. Try to keep things as conventional and simple as possible- the goal is make these tutorials concise and focused on one particular issue/question at a time (e.g. "How do I use the Jade view engine with Sails?")
- Please keep the code as simple as possible. At minimum, be sure and provide a link to the relevant code file(s) in the README, but ideally you'd include some background information and a step-by-step guide. Eventually, these README files will be displayed on http://www.sailsjs.org.
- When finished, send a pull request to this repository. One of the moderators will check it out, make sure it works, provide feedback, and potentially suggest some tweaks.
- When everything is rock-solid, we'll add your tutorial as a new repository in this Github organization, and give you admin access so you can make edits, add other committers, close issues, merge pull requests, etc.
Thanks for contributing! ~Mike
The Sails101 community project is still in an experimental stage. Once we've tested it out a bit, the next step is to automatically parse the repositories in this Github organization, compile them to HTML, and sync them to the new "Guides" section of http://sailsjs.org.
- Please tweet @sailsjs with any ideas/comments/questions about this workflow.