Version 1.1 by Thanasis Georgiou (email@example.com)
pPub is a simple epub reader written in Python using GTK3 and WebKit. It has most features expected from a book reader and some support for ebook-convert. It's licenced under GPLv2.
- Bookmarks use MD5 hashes so filenames are irrelevant.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Table of contents support.
- Night mode and custom user CSS support.
- Basic support for ebook-convert.
- Support for files that don't pass epubcheck.
Here is a screenshot.
- For Archlinux: Install ppub from AUR.
- For Salix: slapt-src -i ppub (Probably not working anymore, if anyone can confirm notify me)
For other Linux distros and BSDs:
This command will install ppub under "/usr" prefix and configure it to invoke python 2.x via "/usr/bin/python2" command. To alter this behavior set PREFIX and PYTHON environment variables, eg.:
PREFIX=/usr/local PYTHON=`which python2.7` make install
Also note, icons and desktop file are installed by default. If you want to install only the program itself, invoke make with "install-bin" target instead of "install".
Most features can be configured from inside the application with these exceptions:
- cachedir = Path to cache, default is /tmp/ppub-cache-username. If you change this, keep the trailing '/'.
- usercss = Path to custom CSS folder. Each file in that folder will appear as a separate menu entry. If invalid or 'None', custom CSS is disabled. Config is saved at ~/.ppub.conf. Bookmarks are stored inside the same file.
If you find a book that does not work, please extract it (like a zip file) and attach any .opf or .ncx it has inside to your bug report. These will help me resolve the problem. Also feel free to email me requests.
-Tristan Rice (https://github.com/d4l3k) -ehainry (https://github.com/ehainry) -Laurent Bigonville (https://github.com/bigon) -Laurent Peuch (https://github.com/Psycojoker) -Dmitrij D. Czarkoff (https://github.com/czarkoff)
Thanks for trying pPub out!