A simple (one class) java app to download all files from your wifi-enabled GoPro camera. It does a "does the file exist" check to skip previously downloaded files, so if you want to re-download, move the previous images and videos to another folder. All files are dropped off in your UserHome/Pictures/gopro folder, which for most OSs, is the regular folder for pictures and videos.
git clone https://github.com/salamanders/gopro-download ant jar java -jar ./dist/gopro-download.jar
- If you have a GoPro HERO3 Black with firmware 03.00, After July 31, you can use the software now.
- But, if you have a HERO3 Black with firmware BELOW 03.00, you need to add a file to your sd card and restart the gopro. Read Why The file is at autoexec.ash which you can right-click and save to the card's root.
- If you have a HERO3 White/Silver, thats OK, use the software right now.
- Turn on your camera's wifi in the "gopro app" control mode.
- Connect your PC (any OS) to the camera's wifi network. If you don't know the password, try "goprohero"
- Make sure you are connected by trying to open http://10.5.5.9:8080/
- If you are confident, run the jar by double-clicking. If first time, you may want to run from the command line (as shown above) to watch the output.
- [*] Python version for the noJava people
- Handle if there is pagination
- Delete files from the GoPro once checked that they downloaded safely