This plugin provides an easy way to add teleportation capabilities to any pawn in the context of VR.
The plugin introduces a new component (
VRTeleportComponent) to the engine, which automatically takes care of a number of things involved in teleporting a player in VR, including:
- ray-casting and hit-testing (in line or projectile mode).
- avoiding blocking the ray cast with its owning actor.
- checking for the hit point being orthogonal with the ground.
- showing and hiding a marker of the teleport location.
- accounting for camera offset from the VR bounds when teleporting to a new target location.
- providing a default animation for teleportation (fade out and translate).
The component also handles replication / authority for multiplayer scenarios and has a number of events which can be implemented in either C++ or Blueprints to further customize its behavior.
- Download the source and place the whole folder in the Plugins folder of either the engine or your project.
- Rebuild your C++ project so that the plugin is compiled for your architecture.
you can find a quick start with images here.