QuickStart guide!Get started now with our
- Securing Refocus
- Perspective Debugging
- API Documentation
- Useful Resources
- Related Github Repositories
- API for everything
- Pluggable lenses
- Easy deployment to Heroku
See the Quickstart guide to get going with Refocus!
- After installation, log in (UI or API) as
passwordand change the password for that account.
- Create a new user record for yourself with your real email address, and set your profile to the
- If you want to restrict access to specific IP ranges, see IP Restrictions below.
- If you want to use your own single sign-on (SSO) user authentication service, see Authentication below.
- New users are assigned to the "RefocusUser" profile by default. This profile has read/write permission to all resource types. If you would like to restrict a class of users to have only read access to certain resource types, you can update the ____Access fields in the "RefocusUser" profile record.
- If you only want SSO users (no "Local Authentation" users), set environment variable
true. This disables the
- Set environment variable
SESSION_SECRETto sign the session ID cookie. (When deploying on Heroku, this will be generated automatically for you.)
- Set environment variable
SECRET_TOKENto create jwt tokens used for authentication. (When deploying on Heroku, this will be generated automatically for you.)
By default, there are no IP restrictions for Refocus access. An admin can configure IP restrictions by adding a config var in Heroku with name
IP_WHITELIST and value array of IP ranges, eg.
[ [22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199], [188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206], [220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168] ]. Only the specified IP ranges will be allowed access to Refocus.
Local Authentication only. SSO is not enabled.
A user should sign up with Refocus using register page or POST to /v1/register. Once registered, the user can sign in using Local authentication - username/password on Refocus login page.
SSO enabled with Local authentication.
Non-SSO users should authenticate with Refocus as described above using Local Authentication.
If Single Sign On (SSO) is configured in Refocus, SSO users can login using 'SSO Login' button on login page. In case of local authentication with username/password, SSO users will be considered as unregistered user unless they sign up using register page or POST to /v1/register. Once an SSO user is registered with SSO username, the user can sign in using local authentication as well.
Using API Access Tokens
Dummy SSO Password
When using SSO, a placeholder user record is created and added to the database. Specify a dummy password string for these dummy records. This dummy password is never used for authentication.
If you are troubleshooting realtime event handling in a perspective, add query parameter
debug=REALTIME to any perspective URL. This turns on console logging in the browser for all the realtime subject and sample events the perspective receives.
The API is self-documenting based on
./api/v1/swagger.yaml. Start your server and open
MY_HOST:MY_PORT/v1/docs for interactive documentation of all the Refocus API endpoints.
Guidelines on contributing to Refocus are available here.
Related Github Repositories
- refocus-collector - Use a Refocus Collector to push your samples to Refocus.
- refocus-collector-eval - Utilities used by Refocus Collectors for executing the transform logic from a Sample Generator Template.
- refocus-ldk - Refocus Lens Developer Kit - a toolkit for developing, testing and packaging Refocus lenses for deployment.
- refocus-lens-multitable - A fluid multi-table layout. Each table groups subjects together under a shared parent.
- refocus-lens-simplelist - A simple list of samples sorted by sample name.
- refocus-lens-tree - Display your subjects and samples in a hierarchical left-to-right tree.
- refocus-ruby - A ruby library (API wrapper) & CLI project.
- refocus-sgt-trust1 - A Sample Generator Template for Refocus that pulls data from Salesforce's Trust Status API.
- refocus-utilities - Some utilities to help keep your Refocus instance running in good health.