I'm a 28 years old software engineer based in Helsinki, Finland. I'm originally from Iran and have been living and working in Finland since 2015. I'm the co-creator of Buttercup and co-founder of MadDev, a company that my friend and colleague (Perry) and I have founded together as a result of creating Buttercup. I'm also the Lead Engineer in Tieto as my day job.
This repo is meant to give you an idea about my work and career as a programmer, and more importantly, a place to remind myself of things that matter to me.
This document is a Work in Progress. I doubt that it will be an interest to anyone but myself, but if you're curious, you can watch the repo for changes.
Table of Contents
- Programming Languages
- My Software
- Active Contributions
- My Writing
- Rust. I have been learning and experimenting with Rust for a while. I'll be using it for systems/server programming.
- Swift. I learned Swift a while back to make my own native iOS app. I've been using it here and there for solving some problems.
And many more languages that I had to learn and experiment with during my years as a programmer. Notably Java, QBasic, Visual Basic and C#. I'm open to learning new tools and languages and I appreciate good code in any language. But for the time being, my languages of choice will remain JS and Rust.
⭐️: Very Active / Popular ⚠️: Obsolete / Unmaintained 🛠: Fork / Unoriginal Code / Inherited
- Buttercup - Free & Open Source Password Manager
- stringz - Zero dependency unicode aware string manipulation library
- github-contributions-chart - Generate an image of your GitHub Contributions
- github-contributions-api - The API for
- github-contributions-canvas - The canvas renderer
- unicode-astral-regex - Regex for matching unicode astral symbols
- sqs-parallel - Simple helper to work with Amazon SQS with concurrency support
- country-tools - Simple helper to fetch country information (currency, name, etc)
- dropbox-fs - Node
fs-like wrapper for Dropbox API
- node-mac-app-icon - Get App icons in macOS by their
- mac-local-rtmp-server - A local RTMP stream server for macOS
- led-matrix - An HTML5 LED Matrix on Canvas
- matrix-display-store - A utility for storing graphical data in a matrix store.
- led-matrix-simulator - HTML5 LED Matrix simulator
- rpi-matrix - A RaspberryPi LED Matrix Display program
- check-os-tray-support - A tool for checking if Tray icon is available on the current OS
- i18next-sync-fs-backend - Sync
- styled-flexbox - Flexbox tools written for
- lunchify-scraper - Scrapes Finnish restaurants lunch menus
- lunchify-api - An API for Lunchify app
- hexo-deployer-s3-simple - A simpler S3 deployer plugin for Hexo
- top-tweets - Retweets top tweets on Twitter based on queries
- promise-arrays - A tool to work with arrays using Promises.
- SVGDraw - A simple SVG-based drawing program in HTML5
VSCode Extensions & Themes
- vscode-duotone-dark - DuoTone theme port for VSCode
- vscode-json-to-js-object - Simple helper for converting json to js objecs
The projects I actively contribute to, or manage and maintain:
- Buttercup - Buttercup is a free and open source password manager for Desktop, Mobile and Browsers. Perry and I have been working on Buttercup since September 2015.
- Kap - Screen recorder for Mac.
I'm streaming video and audio to the following services: