SoundCleod is a Mac OS X application which brings SoundCloud to the desktop without using a browser.
Why is that good?
- No more 'trying to find in which tab is SoundCloud running'..
- Media keys support! (Yeah, those with ▶ ❚❚ on them.)
- Stops on suspend.
SoundCleod is a weird name. How to pronounce it?
How to get it?
Current version is 0.18 (May 15, 2015) see changes
- Download from here
- Double click the file.
- Drag SoundCleod into your Applications folder.
- Go to Applications, double click SoundCleod.
- Optionally drag SoundCleod from Applications into the Dock.
Important! Minimum required OSX version is 10.7.x (Lion).
brew cask install soundcleod
To play SoundCloud:
Forks Using SoundCleod "Engine"
To play other stuff:
Use at your own risk. It might destroy the Earth. Or better don't use it.