SaltyRTC is an end-to-end encrypted signalling protocol. It offers to freely choose from a range of signalling tasks, such as setting up a WebRTC or ORTC peer-to-peer connection, or simply to exchange arbitrary data over the established transport in a secure manner. SaltyRTC is completely open to new and custom signalling tasks for everything feasible.
In this repository, you can find...
- The SaltyRTC Signalling Protocol.
- The SaltyRTC WebRTC Task Protocol to set up a secure WebRTC peer-to-peer connection by using SaltyRTC's end-to-end encryption techniques.
- The SaltyRTC ORTC Task Protocol to set up a secure ORTC peer-to-peer connection.
- The SaltyRTC Relayed Data Task Protocol to set up a secure channel for exchanging arbitrary data by using SaltyRTC's end-to-end encryption techniques.
- The SaltyRTC Chunking Specification used by SaltyRTC's WebRTC task. However, the specification can also be used as a generic message chunking solution.
If you have implemented a SaltyRTC client, task or server
Clients and Tasks
When we release a new version of the protocol, a (new) task or the
chunking specification, a tag will be added in the following format:
protocol|chunking-<version> or for tasks
Note that specification versions are independent from each other. In case a new version of a specification breaks backwards compatibility to another specification, it will include a section stating how compatibility is affected.
- Logo / icon / poster images based on a design by Vvstudio on Freepik.com