A set of scripts (on top of WIX Toolset) to build MSI installer for installing Elasticsearch as a Windows service.
They will fetch Elasticsearch and Oracle Java Server JRE (and WIX Toolset) and creates an MSI installer with an embedded JRE. There are two ways to generate the installer, the easy and the customizable way:
Easy way: Just download/clone the repository and double click DUPC.cmd and if its finished then double click MKMSI.cmd Thats it, find your MSI installer in target\msi
Elasticsearch will be installed into "C:\Program Files\Elasticsearch\content".
- Revise config.cmd (change ES/JAVA/WIX versions and folder names)
- Revise esidist_plugininstall.bat (add/remove ES plugins)
- Run DUPC.cmd
- Revise elasticsearch.yml
- Revise logging.yml
- Revise JAVA_OPTS and Java memory config (heap size)
- Change installation path: https://github.com/salyh/elasticsearch-msi-installer/wiki/Change-installation-path
- Run MKMSI.cmd
Prerequisites for building the MSI package:
- Broadband internet connection (http proxy is also supported)
- Win 7 64bit or Win 2008 64bit with Powershell 2 (Win 2012 64bit may work or, not tested yet)
Prerequisites for installing the MSI package:
- Win 7 64bit or Win 2008 64bit or Win 2012 64bit
Download the msi (as binary) from here if you do not want to build it on your own: https://github.com/salyh/elasticsearch-msi-installer/releases (Approx 130 MB including JRE)
Copyright 2014-2015 Hendrik Saly
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.