An extension to enable FCM push notifications for livehelperchat android app.
For UPDATE If you already have the extension installed,
- Just replace the content of <LHC_install_dir>/extension/gcm with the content from 'gcm' directory.
- Clear LHC cache from LHC settings page for update to reflect.
Installation To Install Extension
- Download the extension and copy the 'gcm' directory to <LHC_install_dir>/extension
- Activate the extension by adding 'gcm' to the 'extension' array in <LHC_install_dir>/settings/settings.ini.php [e.g look for 'settings' => array ('site' =>array ( 'extensions' =>array ( 0 =>'gcm'),]
Note: Path to extension directory should be '<LHC_install_dir>/extension/gcm' else it won't work.
CONFIGURE APP 3. Login/Password for app is same as the web logins 4. Server url is the address to your livehelperchat installation. eg. http://livehelperchat.yourdomain.com or https://yourdomain.com/livehelperchat
5. After Login, Open the menu drawer, select Server Info and Tap 'Sync Server'.
THE STEPS BELOW ARE NO LONGER NECESSARY SINCE app version 1.2.0
ENABLE PUSH IN THE APP 5. After enabling the extension on your server from step 2 above, Go to the app menu -> Push Notifications
6. Tap the 'Save FCM KEY TO YOUR SERVER' to register your device on your server.
7. If the registration is successful on your server, you will receive a notification in the notification bar of your phone telling you 'Device Successfully Registered'.
8. You will receive new push notifications for new chat request, new messages and unread messages.