Last Updated: February 27, 2015
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us.
- The Services allow users to log in through various Providers. When you log in to create an account on our network (an “Account”), we collect and may store your email address or your Provider authentication token or credentials, as applicable.
- When you post information to a Chat that is initiated through the Services, the information contained in the Chat will be accessible by us and other members of the Chat and members of Chats connected to your Chat will be able to see it. We collect anonymous statistics regarding the number of messages sent in a Chat connected through the Services.
- When you order products or services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional personal information.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily.
- If you participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion, we will collect any data you provide in connection with that promotion.
- We may also collect personal information at other points in our Site that state that personal information is being collected.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Collected via Technology.
Generally. When you use our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you use our Services, your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit are all collected. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you and administer and improve the Site.
Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files, including IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to improve the content of the Site, market research purposes, to communicate information to visitors and to better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
Cookies. We may log information using "Cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Inviting Others to Join. You can invite others to join your Chat by sending them a URL acquired through the Services. When an invitee navigates the URL, we will collect information from the invitee as necessary to connect the invitee’s Chat to your Chat.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Site and Services.
- To process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- To link or combine user information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- To process and deliver orders.
- To identify you as a user in our system.
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network.
- To develop and improve marketing and advertising for the Services.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
We may also create anonymous and/or deidentified data records from your personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to enhance the content of our Services and improve the Site. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
User Testimonials and Feedback. We may receive testimonials and feedback from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We may publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their name or company name. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name or company name along with the testimonial.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information You Share. Our Site and Services allow you to connect and share content and information. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make share.
Information We Share. We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent;
- to third parties designated by you;
- with our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- with contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- with a Provider if you choose to log in through or connect with a Provider or if you post information to a Chat that is initiated through the Services;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users is among the assets transferred; and
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request; to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and/or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sameroom, our customers or others.
Once a connection is made between two Chats, Sameroom transmits the information posted in one Chat to the Provider of the other so such information can be seen in the connected Chat(s) (and vice versa). The information shared will include your name as the person posting the information to the connected Chat.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and review, update, correct, or delete your personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You can typically remove and reject Cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept Cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our Cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSING
For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe (https://stripe.com).. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
We do not intentionally gather personal information from users who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Sameroom and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES