Counter Strike Global Offensive Custom Configuration
By Samer Sultan
Last Updated: 03 / 19 / 2015
The following is my custom configuration for Counter Strike Global Offensive, having spent a considerable amount of time researching and compiling what I have found to be a solid foundation for a autoexec. I typically update this configuration configuration every few months.
Things you will need to change for your own config
- Adjust the sensitivity on line 334
- Select to enable or disable rawinput on line 336
- Change Video.txt options to whatever you prefer
View this autoexec as a good "frame work" and build upon it, feel free to tweak these settings to your liking, and be sure to contact me with any issues or bugs.
The video.txt file is optimized for the highest fps performance and viability, feel free to modify it to your personal preferences.
Rates are configured for 128 tick rate servers however will scale down for lower tick rate.
Raw Input and Mouse Acceleration:
Based on my research and first-hand experience, the in game rawinput 'm_rawinput 0' has been disabled. You can read more about it here, I recommend you set up the The MarkC Windows 8 + 7 Mouse Acceleration Fix to get a true 1:1 pointer response.
I have included my basic crosshair however you can replace it with your own.
- The autoexec.cfg file will need to be uploaded to the following location on your local drive:
'Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg'
- Launch game and open the developer console by hitting the ~ button
- Input the following command on game start up: exec autoexec
- Restart game, make modifications to options and autoexec.cfg as you like.
I would be interested to see how you customize / use this autoexec, check http://www.csgo.co for further discussion and ideas.
Mouse: Zowie Gear EC2 CL
Mousepad: Puretrak Talent
Monitor: 144hz Asus 27" VG series
In game resolution: 5:4 (1350x1080)
-w 1350 -h 1080 -freq 144 -refresh 144 -processheap -novid -nojoy -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -high -tickrate 128 -threads 6 -nod3d9ex -noaafonts +mat_dxlevel 90 +mat_queue_mode 2 +mat_vignette_enable 0 +weapon_recoil_model 0
March 19th, 2015
- Added voice_system_enable to voice_enable bind
March 13th, 2015
- Added blip sound to volume binds.
Feburary 10th, 2015
- Minor clean up
October 10, 2014
- Added easier strafe jump binds
- Update instructions for readme file
- Adjusted Crosshair Settings with new cl_crosshairgap_useweaponvalue
- Added ESEA remove fog command to .ready bind
April 17, 2014
- Added print damage to top left corner of screen (displays damage on screen for faster reference, thanks to r/globaloffensive user u/maddada).
- Added volume and voice commands to binds that also display on top left corner of screen they are:
- "=" to cycle volume
- "-" to cycle voice_enable 0/1
- "kp_plus" and "kp_minus" to cycle voice_scale
- Changed client port to 27006 line 61 (more info)
- Added "spec_usenumberkeys_nobinds 1"
- Added radar zoom bound to "E" key (thanks to r/globaloffensive user u/maddada).
- Added grenade knife fast binds to numpad 2-4, lines 311 to 314 (more info).
- Added clear decals to walk and crouch, lines 135 + 136.
December 16, 2013
- Removed crosshair binds and replaced with single crosshair
- Add ignorerad and clear console binds
- Highlight damage taken and damage given in console
September 16, 2013
- Updated crosshairs (new screenshots will be posted soon)
- Updated buy binds.
- Added voice scale controls to the "-" "+" buttons on the numpad.
- Added video.txt
- Added Launch Options
June 18, 2013
- Fixed errors in code
- Commented out jump + crouch bind. Remove // if you want to use it.
June 17, 2013
- Disabled FPS max (found settings no limit made the game run smoother)
- Changed view model to left hand
May 30, 2013
- Disabled rawinput (see notes)
- Crosshair Modifications
- Spelling Corrections
May 11, 2013
- Removed hud files, the hud I use was updated so its no longer necessary to host the files here. You can download the updated hud here: http://myhyper.de/competitive-hud/
- updated the autoexec, cleaned up some of the titles.
April 26, 2013
- Added "flash folder" contains customized Competitive Hud 1.2 Files that work with the update pushed yesterday.
April 25, 2013
- Added Mag 7 to F11 bind.
March 28, 2013
- Fine-tuned crosshairs, removed volume binds (as per user requests).
March 23, 2013
- Modded two crosshairs, fixed error.
March 03, 2013
- Added jump bind to mouse wheel
January 30, 2013
- Add key bind to buy guns + changes crosshairs
January 05, 2013
- Added 8 Crosshairs + Weapon Binds