Self-taught web developer with solid abilities in front-end and back-end development. I enjoy pushing myself to master new languages, frameworks, design patterns and programming paradigms.
|Most experience||Some experience||Dabbled|
|Frameworks/Libraries||Django||JQuery, Flask, Tornado||Aiohttp, Ansible, Jasmine, Knockout, Google App Engine, Google Cloud Endpoints|
|Other||Git/Github, Ubuntu Linux, Sublime, Vim|
- 2016 - current: Junior Front End Developer, Cydar Ltd
- 2010 - 2016: Public Affairs Executive, The London Internet Exchange Ltd (LINX)
- Required a high-level understanding of Internet architecture and the TCP/IP protocol suite in order to understand and explain the impact of new policy developments on network operators.
- April 2016: Kalah Game API, github.com/samfrances/udacity-kalah
- Created an API for Kalah, a turn-based two-player “count and capture” board game.
- Written in Python using Google App Engine, Cloud Endpoints and Datastore.
- February 2016: Catalog App, github.com/samfrances/udacity-item-catalog
- Developed a content management system using the Flask framework in Python.
- Authentication is provided via OAuth and all data is stored within a PostgreSQL database.
- November 2015: Swiss Tournament, github.com/samfrances/udacity-swiss-system-tournament
- Designed and created a database for managing multiple Swiss-system tournaments simultaneously.
- Employed advanced SQL features such as views and triggers.
- February 2015: Udacity Movies Website, github.com/samfrances/udacity-movies-website
- Developed a single-page application to retrieve and display information from the Open Movie Database API, and combine with related trailers from Youtube.
- February 2014: MVC todo list demo, github.com/samfrances/todo-mvc-demo
Certifications and Professional Development
- 2016: Front-End Web Developer Nanodegree, Udacity, profiles.udacity.com/u/samfrances
- 2016: edX Computer Science, MITx, HarvardX
- 2015 - 2016: Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree, Udacity, profiles.udacity.com/u/samfrances
- 2015: LINX Accredited Internet Technician 1, Systems & Network Training
- 2012 - 2013: Udacity computer science certificates, Udacity
- 2009 – 2010: M. A. Linguistics, University College London
- 2006 – 2009: B. A. Philosophy, King's College London, First Class Honours