Theme check: accessibility-ready, right to left support, translation-ready, Schema.org microdata, all the WordPress' built-in theme features and some more. Check.
It's a small lake and village in eastern part of Finland where I crew up. It's beautiful.
Copyright and License
The following resources are not included with the theme but are external resources linked to within the theme.
- Source Sans Pro by Paul D. Hunt - Licensed under the SIL Open Font License, version 1.1.
- Roboto Condensed by Christian Robertson - Licensed under the Apache License, version 2.0.
The following resources are included within the theme package.
- Genericons by Joen Asmussen - Licensed under the GPL, version 2 or later.
- Responsive Nav by Viljami Salminen - Licensed under the MIT License.
- FluidVids by Todd Motto - Licensed under the MIT license.
All other resources and theme elements are licensed under the GNU GPL, version 2 or later.
2014 © Sami Keijonen.
Version 1.5.0 - December 29, 2016
- Add WordPress Custom Logo feature.
- Update media grapper script.
- Fix skip to content script.
- Remove rel="designer" from the footer.
- Add theme support for refresh widgets.
- Update screen-reader-text class by adding word-wrap: normal.
Version 1.4.1 - September 21, 2015
- Fix styling issues in dropdown menu.
Version 1.4.0 - September 21, 2015
- Update theme layout to Hybrid Core version 3.0.0. Basically everything have changed.
- Update Breadcrumb Trail to version 1.0.1.
- Update Genericons to version 3.4.
- Update archive title and description using Core functions the_archive_title() the_archive_description().
- Update Media Grabber.
- Update Schema.org file for comments.
- Update Responsive Nav to version 1.0.39.
- Remove kuorinka_paging_nav() function. Use Core the_posts_pagination() function.
- Remove admin header styles and files. These are all in the Customizer.
Version 1.3.2 - May 6, 2015
- Remove example.html file from Genericons for security (DOM-based XSS) reasons.
- Fix some Schema.org markup issues.
- Use screen-reader-text before post date and author for better accessibility.
- Use section, not aside in sidebars.
- Use default comments_pop_up arguments because they will have lot's accessibility love in WP 4.2.
- Add aria-expanded, aria-pressed and aria-controls to menu button for better accessibility.
- Use H2 heading, not H1 in comment navigation.
- Add "Your comment is awaiting moderation" text in comments.
- Responsive Nav updated to version 1.0.38.
- Update languages files.
- Update language files.
- Add screen-reader-text headings for menus, sidebars and breadcrumbs for better title hierarchy.
- Remove h1 and h2 headings from site title and description for better accessibility.
- Add child menu tap support for touch devices.
- Add our team member menu.
- Add support for new
- Support for new WP 4.1 title tag.
- Load parent and child theme styles a little bit differently. Note that handle names have changed.
- Add no_found_rows in WP_Query arguments for faster loading.
- Remove style-rtl.css file and add RTL styles directly in style.css file.
- Use .main-navigation class so that navigation works with JS disabled.
- Load fonts and genericons before stylesheet.
- Use H2 in archive views.
- Language files updated. Italy and Spain are new ones.
- Remove tx.exe file.
- Update Genericons to version 3.2.
- Style support for HTML5 forms.
- Add alt text to header image.
- Add Dutch translation.
- Add schema.org markup in front page template.
- Replace Fitvids with Fluidvids.
- Add placeholder text color for better accessibility.
- Add role and aria-label in breadcrumb for better accessibility.
- Show portfolio menu only if Custom Content Portfolio Plugin is active.
- Add fr_FR and ro_RO translation files.
- Better handling for box-sizing. See update from Paul Irish.
- Add pt_BR translation files. Credit Thiago Senna.
- Add Genericons in editor styles.
- Rewrite header styles in front end that actually works.
custom-backgroundbody class if background is not set so that default background works.
- Move admin header styles to
- Add front page content.
- Add checks and hooks in front page template.
- Move Schema.org related stuff mostly in the same file (inc/schema.org).
- Fix wrong textdomain.
- Add hybrid_attachment_is_video() and hybrid_attachment_is_audio() functions for schema.org check.
- Use admin_print_styles-appearance_page_custom-header hook to add theme fonts in admin header page.
- Don't import theme fonts in editor-style.css but add theme in array of add_editor_style() function.
- Everything's new!