Helping police officers gather intelligence and act on nearby crimes.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes.
You will need the following:
Important: to use face recognition, before installing it, you need to install dlib using this link. Only then, do:
pip3 install face_recognition
Clone the project, making sure you have installed or already have installed the prerequisites above.
git clone https://github.com/samisnotinsane/hack-the-police-4.git cd hack-the-police
Run the webserver using Django
python manage.py runserver
You may see a warning in red which states the following. You may ignore this safely.
You have 17 unapplied migration(s). Your project may not work properly until you apply the migrations for app(s): admin, auth, contenttypes, sessions. Run 'python manage.py migrate' to apply them.
In your browser, navigate to the following URL to open the frontend:
- Django - The python based web framework
- face-recognition - Python library for face recognition
- Bootstrap - Frontend components
- ArcGIS - Map for crime hotspots
- Sameen Islam - samisnotinsane
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details
- Justin Grierson - https://github.com/ju3tin for contributing to make the ArcGIS map and php script for integration with the CLUE API.