Filer by categories of interest to find the right events for you in your area.
Delpoyed on Heroku at eventhunt-samrose.herokuapp.com
This is a web app in progress. I created it for learning purposes, to practice and experiment with a Django and React stack. I've enjoyed working with the combination and find the development workflow to be my favorite so far.
What I wanted to Learn
- Django REST Framework
- Working with other API's (Eventbrite in this case)
- Get events within your area based on your current location
- Be able to filter events based on categories of interest
Create a map view of the events
- Have a Yay or Nay view where a single event is present at a time. The use picks YES, NO, or more info. If Yes, more events are presented from that category. If no, then less events are presented from that category.
- Add an "Interested" or save list to pin events