A minimal Mac OS X app.net client
- Mountain Lion
- Xcode 4.5(latest beta), maybe 4.4
Create a app.net client app. Use "x-com-toxicsoftware-appstream:///" as the Callback URL.
- NEW: I've embedded a client_id into the source. You do not need to make your own app on app.net.
Don't forget to do a submodule update:
git submodule update --init --recursive
Build and run the app, follow the instructions for setting the client id
- I want to make a stable featureful app.net client that works really well in full screen mode. Whether this means multiple column (tweetdeck style but less shit) or not is up for debate
- UI is ass. Not too interested in UI until basic network and database functionality is there.
- Overloading of the term stream: https://alpha.app.net/schwa/post/52516 - this is a problem in code. As real app.net streams come online I expect a refactor will be needed.
- User Lists
- User Info
- Post detail view
- Database will grow and grow. Need to prune at some point.
- Code is being "sketched out" and is far from well designed. Expect a lot of churn/refactoring
- Use the Latent Semantic Mapping framework to classify posts
- Intelligently handle hashtags, usernames, urls etc - provide popover contextual info/actions on these item, e.g. hashtags popover will have a "view all posts with this hashtag" action.
- Markdown support
- Built in filtering, blocking, spam control and triggered actions
- Relying on server to fix spam problem is foolish
- Actions include user notifications, scripts?
- Built in fav star style functionality
- Statistics on your behavior and on per people (how spammy is that person, how many tweets per hour enter my stream)
- I haven't included a license yet but all code will be licensed under the BSD 2 clause license.