Samsung Internet Developer Advocacy Dashboard
What is this?
It's a dashboard showing metrics for our Samsung Internet developer advocacy work, as well as trends for web technologies such as PWAs and WebVR.
When and how is it updated?
We intend to update it each week. Unfortunately for now, it will involve a few minutes of manual work. Our social media platforms do not currently provide analytics data via APIs. However, hopefully over time we can automate it more, either using APIs if/when provided, automated scraping, or (at least) additions to the Dashboard Updater browser extension.
(For the Samsung Internet team) here are the current instructions:
- Add a new stats JSON file with today's date, e.g.
data/general/2017-06-14-stats.json, and update with the latest data:
- To find Medium stats, see here and the followers here.
- To find Twitter stats, see here. (Ask Daniel for the login).
- To find Facebook stats, check the 28 day like increase here and look for 'follows' on the right-hand side here.
- To find Instagram followers, see here.
- To find the average Github issue response time, see here and click the little refresh link.
- To get the SEO rankings, I previously used serps.com/tools/rank-checker/ but it seems to no longer work, so I'm now testing at google.com (select "Use google.com" or it will redirect back), using a private browsing session.
- Update the filenames in
- Install the Dashboard Updater Chrome extension from the
extensionsubdirectory. Here's how.
- Visit medium.com/samsung-internet-dev/stats/overview.
- Click the 'Download Medium stats' button.
- Copy/move the downloaded CSV file to the
data/mediumdirectory & update
src/data-paths.jswith the new filename.
Survey pie charts
- For our event survey feedback, see the Google spreadsheet here.
- Update the variable at the top of
This will run
update.js and spit out the new
index.html, based on the template in
Now this page can be served with any static HTML server. We're hosting on Github Pages - just push to
master to deploy.