Add support for inclusion of animated gifs #180

Closed
racket-bug-submit opened this Issue Mar 16, 2012 · 6 comments

Projects

None yet

2 participants

@racket-bug-submit
Collaborator
Originally submitted by Alec Loudenback on: Mon Jan 23 19:24:01 -0500 2012
Add support for animated images in Dr. Racket.
Release:
5.2
Environment:
windows "Windows NT 6.1 (Build 7601) Service Pack 1" (win32\i386\3m) (get-display-depth) =
 32
Human Language: english
(current-memory-use) 144684904
Links: (links) = (); (links #:user? #f) = (); (links #:root? #t) = (); (links #:user? #f
 #:root? #t) = ()


Collections:
("\\\\ccis-windows\\ccis\\MyHome\\.WIN_PROFILE\\Application Data\\Racket\\5.2\\collects"
 ("class" "info-domain"))
("V:\\C_PLT_Racket_52\\collects"
 ("compiler" "racket" "syntax" "unstable" "scribble" "games" "lang" "net" "file" "config"
 "drracket" "mred" "scheme" "mzscheme" "mzlib" "setup" "planet" "ffi" "framework" "icons"
 "mrlib" "string-constants" "syntax-color" "parser-tools" "xml" "openssl" "srfi" "browser"
 "help" "trace" "typed" "typed-racket" "wxme" "html" "launcher" "dynext" "version"
 "errortrace" "info-domain" "algol60" "deinprogramm" "gui-debugger" "lazy"
 "macro-debugger" "rackunit" "slideshow" "stepper" "swindle" "test-box-recovery"
 "test-engine" "frtime" "drscheme" "data" "texpict" "datalog" "db" "scribblings"
 "embedded-gui" "eopl" "xrepl" "web-server" "typed-scheme" "tex2page" "teachpack" "slatex"
 "sgl" "scriblib" "schemeunit" "s-exp" "rnrs" "redex" "readline" "reader" "raco" "racklog"
 "r6rs" "r5rs" "profile" "preprocessor" "plot" "plai" "picturing-programs" "mzcom"
 "mysterx" "make" "htdp" "hierlist" "graphics" "defaults" "combinator-parser" "at-exp"
 "2htdp"))

Computer Language: (("Determine language from source") (#(#t print mixed-fraction-e #f #t
 debug) (default) #() "#lang racket\n" #t #t))
This bug was converted from Gnats bug 12509.

[anon-submit; aloud at ccis dot neu dot edu]

@samth
Owner
samth commented Mar 16, 2012
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:28:36 -0500, samth at ccs dot neu dot edu wrote:
This is a report from a student in my first-year class, who is looking
for animated GIF support in DrRacket.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM,  <aloud@ccis.neu.edu> wrote:
> A new problem report is waiting at
>  http://bugs.racket-lang.org/query/?cmd=view&pr=12509
>
> Reported by Alec Loudenback for release: 5.2
>
> *** Description:
> Add support for animated images in Dr. Racket.
>
> *** How to repeat:
@racket-bug-submit
Collaborator
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:22:43 -0600, robby at eecs dot northwestern dot edu wrote:
--14dae9d678bee6a77404b73bfb65
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

What does he want to do with them?

Robby

On Monday, January 23, 2012, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth@ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> This is a report from a student in my first-year class, who is looking
> for animated GIF support in DrRacket.
>
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM,  <aloud@ccis.neu.edu> wrote:
>> A new problem report is waiting at
>>  http://bugs.racket-lang.org/query/?cmd=view&pr=12509
>>
>> Reported by Alec Loudenback for release: 5.2
>>
>> *** Description:
>> Add support for animated images in Dr. Racket.
>>
>> *** How to repeat:
>
>
> --
> sam th
> samth@ccs.neu.edu
>

--14dae9d678bee6a77404b73bfb65
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

What does he want to do with them?<br><br>Robby<br><br>On Monday, January 2=
3, 2012, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:samth@ccs.neu.edu">samth=
@ccs.neu.edu</a>&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; This is a report from a student in my f=
irst-year class, who is looking<br>
&gt; for animated GIF support in DrRacket.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; On Mon, Jan 23, =
2012 at 7:24 PM, =C2=A0&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:aloud@ccis.neu.edu">aloud@ccis=
.neu.edu</a>&gt; wrote:<br>&gt;&gt; A new problem report is waiting at<br>&=
gt;&gt; =C2=A0<a href=3D"http://bugs.racket-lang.org/query/?cmd=3Dview&amp;=
pr=3D12509">http://bugs.racket-lang.org/query/?cmd=3Dview&amp;pr=3D12509</a=
><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Reported by Alec Loudenback for release: 5.2<br>&gt;&g=
t;<br>&gt;&gt; *** Description:<br>&gt;&gt; Add support for animated images=
 in Dr. Racket.<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; *** How to repeat:<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<=
br>
&gt; --<br>&gt; sam th<br>&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:samth@ccs.neu.edu">samth@c=
cs.neu.edu</a><br>&gt;

--14dae9d678bee6a77404b73bfb65--
@samth
Owner
samth commented Mar 16, 2012
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:09:28 -0500, samth at ccs dot neu dot edu wrote:
The immediate thing that doesn't "work" is copying and pasting them
into drracket -- that only pastes the first frame.  The student was
also hoping to use it with 2htdp/image and 2htdp/universe to
automatically animate, which obviously won't work.

Probably, there's no bug here.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Robby Findler
<robby@eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> What does he want to do with them?
>
> Robby
>
>
> On Monday, January 23, 2012, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth@ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> This is a report from a student in my first-year class, who is looking
>> for animated GIF support in DrRacket.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM,  <aloud@ccis.neu.edu> wrote:
>>> A new problem report is waiting at
>>>  http://bugs.racket-lang.org/query/?cmd=view&pr=12509
>>>
>>> Reported by Alec Loudenback for release: 5.2
>>>
>>> *** Description:
>>> Add support for animated images in Dr. Racket.
>>>
>>> *** How to repeat:
>>
>>
>> --
>> sam th
>> samth@ccs.neu.edu
>>
@racket-bug-submit
Collaborator
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:32:26 -0500, matthias at ccs dot neu dot edu wrote:
fwiw wescheme does support animated gifs and Emu uses them to good effect. 

On Jan 23, 2012, at 9:09 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:

> The immediate thing that doesn't "work" is copying and pasting them
> into drracket -- that only pastes the first frame.  The student was
> also hoping to use it with 2htdp/image and 2htdp/universe to
> automatically animate, which obviously won't work.
> 
> Probably, there's no bug here.
> 
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Robby Findler
> <robby@eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>> What does he want to do with them?
>> 
>> Robby
>> 
>> 
>> On Monday, January 23, 2012, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth@ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>>> This is a report from a student in my first-year class, who is looking
>>> for animated GIF support in DrRacket.
>>> 
>>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM,  <aloud@ccis.neu.edu> wrote:
>>>> A new problem report is waiting at
>>>>  http://bugs.racket-lang.org/query/?cmd=view&pr=12509
>>>> 
>>>> Reported by Alec Loudenback for release: 5.2
>>>> 
>>>> *** Description:
>>>> Add support for animated images in Dr. Racket.
>>>> 
>>>> *** How to repeat:
>>> 
>>> 
>>> --
>>> sam th
>>> samth@ccs.neu.edu
>>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> sam th
> samth@ccs.neu.edu
@racket-bug-submit
Collaborator
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:53:43 -0600, robby at eecs dot northwestern dot edu wrote:
I'm not really clear what we should do with them. Count them as a
vector of images? Make BSL be an frtime derivative? Something in
between? (what?)

Robby

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias@ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>
> fwiw wescheme does support animated gifs and Emu uses them to good effect.
>
>
>
> On Jan 23, 2012, at 9:09 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
>
>> The immediate thing that doesn't "work" is copying and pasting them
>> into drracket -- that only pastes the first frame.  The student was
>> also hoping to use it with 2htdp/image and 2htdp/universe to
>> automatically animate, which obviously won't work.
>>
>> Probably, there's no bug here.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Robby Findler
>> <robby@eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>>> What does he want to do with them?
>>>
>>> Robby
>>>
>>>
>>> On Monday, January 23, 2012, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth@ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>>>> This is a report from a student in my first-year class, who is looking
>>>> for animated GIF support in DrRacket.
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM,  <aloud@ccis.neu.edu> wrote:
>>>>> A new problem report is waiting at
>>>>>  http://bugs.racket-lang.org/query/?cmd=view&pr=12509
>>>>>
>>>>> Reported by Alec Loudenback for release: 5.2
>>>>>
>>>>> *** Description:
>>>>> Add support for animated images in Dr. Racket.
>>>>>
>>>>> *** How to repeat:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> sam th
>>>> samth@ccs.neu.edu
>>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> sam th
>> samth@ccs.neu.edu
>
@racket-bug-submit
Collaborator
On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 17:24:16 -0500, samth
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment