WordPress plugin for fetching tops tweets from a hashtag and sending them via e-mail. It performs this operation on a regular interval using WP-CRON API. The script was developed as an illustration for a tutorial on automated tasks in WordPress.
- Download plugin by using "Download zip" button on the right side and unzip it.
- Unzip and upload the tweety-bot.zip file to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
Optionally, you may clone the repository
git clone git://github.com/samuelguebo/tweety-bot.git
You can set Twitter app parameters and other settings such as update frequency, tweets number, in plugin settings page.
Activate the Plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
The plugin is straightforward: once configured and activated it's ready to get the job done.
License and credits
The project is released for free under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 and some parts under their respective licenses. In general words, feel free and encouraged to use, modify and redistribute this theme however you like. You may remove any copyright references (unless required by third party components) and crediting is not necessary. This script is offered free of charge. Unless otherwise specified, all the theme files, scripts and images are licensed under GNU General Public License version 2.
Additional credits go to:
- James Mallison, for Twitter-API-PHP, a simple PHP wrapper for the v1.1 API of Twitter
- Sean Coker, author of Taggle, a library for generating input tags
- Samuel Guebo (@samuelguebo)