Jinja is used as a templating engine, and the
build.py file translates the templates to static html.
pip install -R requirements.txt # preferably in a virtualenv python build.py python build.py commit build # commits and builds
I've written this script in a very, very hacky fashion, so there are some improvements I would like to make so that I can use it in other applications (namely Salty Software's website).
- remove hardcoded
- Now works with any subdirectory combination
- use path separators to strip the
pages/from the page directories instead of subindexes.
- compare existing files vs the new files to see what needs to be written again.
- add a 'watch' functionality, such that I can use this as a development server.
- package this as a pip package.
- find some way to prevent
*.j2.htmlfiles from showing up on the deployed site.