San Diego Water Quality Project
In this data analysis project, volunteer data analysts are studying a range of public dataset to explore San Diego county water quality issues, such as beach closures and stream impairment. Volunteers join the project to learn new data analysis skills, get detailed knowledge of environmental issues, or to contribute to improving San Diego's natural resources. Anyone is welcome to participate in the project.
Current Work: 10 Oct to 19 Nov, we are working on making submissions for a Water Quality Data Visualization Challenge.
If you'd like to join the project:
After setting up your account, you should:
- Read the past project news.
- Study some of the example Jupyter notebooks for temporal correlations or logistic regression or other examples
- Find a ticket to work on.
- Come to the monthly meetings to show of your work, or to learn from others.
- Schedule office hours with the project manager, Eric Busboom, if you need more detailed help.
- Mailing List/Google Group
- The Github organization
- Google Drive File Share
- Data Repository
- Our Jupyter Lab server. Login with Github, after being listed on the access list
water-project tag in our Data Repository has all of the released datasets.
The two most important are:
All of the datsets can be built from source from our github repo.