Clone this wiki locally
I'll structure the description of LastCalc's architecture by going through a typical user interaction with LastCalc, and describe the parts of the code involved at each stage. This documentation assumes familiarity with Java.
- Initial Page Render - What happens when the user visits the lastcalc website
- Help Panel - Creates the tutorial to the right of the page
- Tokenizer - Turning a string into a set of tokens
- Parsing Overview - The basic principles behind LastCalc's parsing mechanism
- Sequential Parser - The nice-and-simple high level interface to LastCalc's parser
- Parsers - So what exactly figures out that 2+2=4?
- Parser Pickers - Efficiently finding the appropriate parser for a given list of tokens
- Backtracking Parse Engine - The heart of LastCalc