This repository is used to track all issues for SIFT.
If you are interested in contributing, testing or installing manually without using the CLI tool, please visit the sift-salt repository.
Bootstrap (Fully Deprecated)
This method is no longer supported. The repository has been left for legacy reasons and a way to let everyone know it is no longer supported.
- VMs should be published at least monthly (or more frequently)
- Be compatible with the REMnux installation (a similar effort is happening to make it use Saltstack (https://github.com/remnux/salt-states)
- Use Packer to build VMWare/Virtualbox/Cloud images using the salt states https://github.com/sans-dfir/sift/issues/116
- Use CI provider to do tests
- Each salt state should be testable and cross dependencies should be setup appropriately
- Each salt state should include application specific testing (where possible) (ie. volatility)
- Use Saltstack to build and perform updates to any SIFT installation (https://github.com/sans-dfir/sift-saltstack) https://github.com/sans-dfir/sift/issues/114
- Build CLI tool to download, verify, and run salt states on VM (@ekristen is building a prototype right now that will use GitHub releases and signatures to verify salt state downloads for both SIFT and REMnux)