I'm a self-proclaimed nerd in the whimsical world of 🛡️ cybersecurity, tirelessly working to keep digital boogeymen away from our critical infrastructures. Picture me as the person with a horrible mohawk co-leading the DEF CON Red Team Village. I also play chair in the court of the Common Security Advisory Framework (CSAF) standard technical committee, among several other industry efforts. I am in the OASIS Open board of directors.
Collaboration? You bet! I work with an entourage of groups, like the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), ISACs, and law enforcement agencies, as we huddle together like a digital Avengers team to save the world, one secured network at a time. Well, at least that's the goal.
I have a passion for AI, ethical hacking, vulnerability research, and incident response. I help organizations pull up their digital socks and dodge those pesky threats that keep popping up like a game of cybersecurity whack-a-mole. I've played a role in patching up the cyber defenses of all sorts of folks, from buttoned-up business tycoons and bespectacled academics to super-serious government agencies.
My claim to fame? More than twenty five books, video courses, white papers, and tech articles where I bore people about all things cyber. At Cisco's Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT), I'm a principal engineer, leading a talented team of digital Sherlock Holmeses while mentoring the cyber Padawans of tomorrow. My life's mission? Ensuring the only cookies 🍪 you need to worry about are the ones in your jar and not in your browser.
Remember, in this wild world of zeroes and ones, always keep your code clean 💻, your tech strong, and your coffee stronger!
📚 My Latest Blog Posts
- LangChain is Everywhere
- Discussing the Future of AI Security: Join Us at the AI Security Summit on November 30th
- Artificial Intelligence Bill-of-Materials (AI BOMs): Ensuring AI Transparency and Traceability
- The Future of AI-Generated Content: Quality, Risks, and Recommendations
- Introducing the EPSS Checker: Your Handy Simple Tool for Fetching CVE EPSS Scores
- Leveraging Open-Interpreter: AI-Driven Automated Coding with Code Llama and GPT-4
- Introducing CertSPY
- DEF CON 31 WebSploit Labs Challenge Walkthrough
- Using Gorilla: Pioneering API Interactions in Large Language Models for Cybersecurity Operations
- DEF CON Red Team Village: A Deep Dive into This Year’s Highlights