BloggerCMS is a CMS made in PHP that helps you create truly static blogs via provided admin panel interface; you don't need to create blog posts manually in text files or knowing Markdown syntax unlike other static site generators which is time-consuming. The created blogs become fully portable without any dependencies such as database or any other complicated setups. All data of the blog gets stored in human readable JSON format. The web-based interface (admin panel) makes it very easy even for beginners to create and manage the blog.
To deploy your blog, all you need is upload the static blog generated by BloggerCMS to your web host and see it in action. You don't need any server-side language support or database on your hosting provider because everything generated by BloggerCMS is pure HTML. You can also host your blog on Github (this blog demo runs on github), Dropbox or any other service you like. The good thing is that you can easily backup your blog too because it's just a folder containing your blog.
BloggerCMS comes with fully responsive blog template based on famous Twitter Bootstrap with quite few themes to choose from. You can also create your own blog layouts, all you need to know is HTML and basics of Mustache template engine.
- Graphical User Interface - manage your site via a browser
- File-based - no database required
- Truly Static - no server-side languages needed
- Portability - copy, move, backup or version control your site easily
- Integrated Markdown Editor - no need to know Markdown
- Built-in Images Manager
- Disqus Commenting System
- Search Posts Feature
- Responsive Layout - get started easily with the included responsive layout
- RSS Support
- Sitemap Support
- Google Analytics
- Code Highlight Support
- Tags Cloud Support
- Social Follow Section
- Categories Section
- Archives Section
Demo and Documentation
- PHP 5.3 or above
- Enabled mod_rewrite module
Note: You can run BloggerCMS on your web host or on your local PC; in both cases you can create your blog and upload it where you want. In either case we expect you have PHP available and also mod_rewrite module activated. If you want to run BloggerCMS on your local computer, you can go for XAMPP.
composer create-project -n -s dev sarfraznawaz2005/bloggercms
- Download BloggerCMS either by clonning it's repository or direct download.
- Move the files to your web root folder usually named www or htdocs
- Visit the BloggerCMS url. If you have installed it locally, it's url will be like http://localhost/BloggerCMS assuming folder name is BloggerCMS
- Go to Settings page via left sidebar option or visiting by http://localhost/BloggerCMS/admin/get_settings. On Settings page, specify the required Blog URL field like http://localhost/BloggerCMS/public without ending backslash
- Now you can add categories, posts and pages
- Finally click on the big green button Generate Blog on top right to generate your blog. It will be generated in public folder of BloggerCMS folder. You can then visit it at http://localhost/BloggerCMS/public. The public folder is what you need to upload to your web hosting provider or any other service to see your blog live on the internet.
See Official BloggerCMS Blog to learn more about it and its tutorials.
Please feel free to fork and modify/extend BloggerCMS and send a pull request with your changes! To establish a consistent code quality, please check your code using PHP_CodeSniffer. If you find any bug, error or issue, please report it at issue tracker.
The author has put in efforts so that BloggerCMS is the easiest blog generator out there and can be used freely. Any donation made will be extremely supportive.
In order to donate, please go to this page and proceed with your donation information. Thanks!
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2015 Sarfraz Ahmed and Contributors
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.