restAF - Making development of Viya Apps a snap
restAF is a small library to do the following:
- Provide an easy-to-use API to accomplish the following:
- UI framework agnostics
- Manage connections to a Viya Server
- Manage and execute links returned by the REST calls using a simple API
- Provides a UMD library for use with browser-based apps
- Can also be used in nodejs applications
Install from the npm registry
npm install restaf
Install from repo
npm install https://github.com/sassoftware/restaf
Use the following url's to get UMD version.
##To build the library locally
Clone the repository and do the npm install
git clone https://github.com/sassoftware/restaf npm install
To build all the versions do the following
cd restaf npm run build
This will build the nodejs library in the lib directory and the UMD libraries in dist directory
##Documentation Please see the doc.md in this repository.
Trying it out
- Make a copy of restaf.env file to some directory (for the purpose of this document we will assume you named is myenv.env)
- Edit myenv.env as instructed in the file.
- Run the demos in the examples directory as follows:
node examples\<examplename> <path to myenv> ex: node examples/logon ../myenv.env
Other examples using restAF
restaf-uidemos Clone the restaf-uidemos repository to see how to use restAF in web applications.
restaf-apiexplorer Clone the restaf-apiexplorer repository and explore the SAS APIs interactively. This is a good example of how to build complex applications with relative ease using restAF.