Welcome to restlib!
Restlib is a light-weight framework for writing rest-style APIs. It does not have any support for templating or database manipulation; those must be added manually. This was done purposefully to keep the restlib library small.
A request sent to restlib will go through the following process:
- conversion from raw simplehttpserver or mod_python requests into standard Request objects
- processRequest callbacks called, if any
- view method to call determined by routing through a series of user-defined Controllers
- processMethod callbacks called, if any
- view method called - it should return a Response object
- processResponse callbacks called, if any
- response written to output.
Exceptions are handled by processException callback.
This arrangement is relatively simple and powerful.