SASacct is accounting package, used for collecting traffic statistics using internal OS specific kernel counters or using SNMP.
This is 1.0.3 release of SAS's accounting statistics. It contains 3 programs for collecting statistics for used traffic and create graphics with bandwith tilization:
- sasacct.plx (for doing ip accouting using iptables,ipchains,pf,ipf)
- sastragraph.plx (for doing per interface accounting via snmp)
- cimon.plx (for doing ip accounting using cisco routers and cisco ip accounting feature)
For further details how to setup them please read:
- docs/sasacct - for how to configure sasacct
- docs/cimon - for cisco ip accounting(via snmp)
- docs/sastragraph - for accounting via snmp
See the CHANGES file in every documentation directory.
- etc/ directory contains the configuration files for the accounting packages.
- bin/ directory contains the executable files. The one you don't already know nothing about is htmlmaker.plx. It creates html files with bandwith utilization graphics for accounted hosts.
- cgi-bin/ contains cgi script that must be placed in the cgi-bin directory of your httpd server.
- sasacct.cgi - you use this to see traffic statistics from date to date with username/password authentication. Uses CGI::Sessions for session management.
For further details how to setup the cgi scripts please read cgi-bin/README.