Hi, I’m Sathyajith Bhat. I am an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with over 15 years of experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, System Architecture, Performance Tuning, Infrastructure setup, DBA, Data Conversion and Observability.
I'm not fanatic about specific tools or services and believe in making the most available out of the tools that I get to work with. I have significant experience in the below services, tools and technologies:
- Amazon Web Services (core compute, networking, database and storage services)
- Azure (core compute, networking, database and storage services)
Containers & Orchestration
Infrastructure as Code
- AWS CDK
- New Relic
I love organizing and running events (physical as well as virtual) and have been part of organizing committee of events such as Barcamp Bangalore, AWS Community Day - Bangalore, India, South Asia, and CDK Day. In my free time I love playing games on my PC and/or Switch (typically ARPGs/City Builders/Simulators) and occasionally livestream gaming and coding on Twitch.
Projects I maintain
- Spotify-DL - Downloads songs from any Spotify playlist.
- Folding at Home - AWS - Bring up a complete AWS Compute stack with VPC, EC2, and other dependencies using AWS CDK.
- CDK CDN - a CDK construct to deploy a CDN on AWS using S3 and CloudFront.
- DevOps Workflow - Repo for demonstrating a typical devops workflow using Ansible, Terraform, Packer and Jenkins. A typical devops workflow consists of build -> test -> validate -> release cycle.
- Source code for Practical Docker with Python - Source code for projects in Practical Docker with Python book.
- The CDK Book - Examples and feedback on the CDK Book.