In this fork of Vanessa Sochat's Python API for the OHBM abstract database we have added a Jupyter notebook that dumps the entire abstracts and events database into a JSON file then loads that JSON file into Elastic Search for easy and fleixible searching.
- Make sure you have installed Docker, Anaconda, Jupyter
- Clone this repo
- Compose a set of docker containers using the included docker-compose.yml file. (More details here: https://www.elastic.co/blog/releasing-beta-version-of-elastic-docker-images)
- Open doc/ohbm-abstract-search.ipynb in Jupyter
- Run all of the cells to retrieve and import the JSON into Elastic Search (note you will need an access key, or you can grab the JSON file here: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/tlj4bd6d76jqpzi/ohbm2017_abstracts.json)
- Open http://localhost:5601/ in your browser and enjoy unrestricted searching bliss