To use Frontmend you need node.js, follow the instructions on the site to get setup on your chosen operating system.
Create a directory for your project and jump into it.
mkdir yourproject && cd yourproject
Clone the Frontmend repository to the current directory.
git clone email@example.com:saulhardman/frontmend.git .
sudo npm install -g bower && sudo npm install -g grunt-cli && npm install
These components and node packages are listed in
component.json, which defaults to:-
Running the default grunt task will start a simple connect http server (running on port 9001), watch your jade, sass, js and hbs files for changes, compiling and live-reloading when a change is detected.
The build task uses the r.js optimizer to concatenate and minify your code, including RequireJS, so that you can include just 1 script file (which defaults to
js/main.min.js). It also generates a HTML5 App Cache Manifest.
- Renamed scss files as includes, updated to compass rather than just sass.
- Updated normalize to v2.1.2.
- Rendering handlebars templates from jade.
- Committed empty directories.
- Added grunt modernizr to add custom, dependency-based modernizr build to build process.
- Added grunt-contrib-sass for scss compilation.
- Added grunt-manifest, after forking existing plugin and bringing up to date for grunt v0.4.0.
- Added grunt-contrib-jade for dynamic jade template compilation.
- Added an Events object to the app namespace which acts as a mediator.
- Initial release.
- Turn project into yo generator.
- Add grunt image optimisation.
- Flesh out the mixins .scss file with my most used and common mixins.
- implement grunt-contrib-copy before running r.js to slim down the dest folder.