vgit is a sleek terminal user interface for git, supplanting the arcana of git command-line operations with intuitive keystrokes. It was built using the VisiData tui as a platform.
Current features include:
- viewing, stashing, staging, unstaging, and committing of diff hunks.
- viewing the git log (history)
- branch and remotes management
- branch merges and commit cherry-picks
- popping, applying, and dropping of stashed diffs
- setting of local and global git config options
pip3 install vgit
cloning from git
$ git clone https://github.com/saulpw/vgit.git $ cd vgit $ pip3 install -r requirements.txt $ python setup.py install
- Python 3.3+
vgit [<working_dir>] opens a git status sheet for the given working directory (or the current directory if not specified).
Further documentation is available here.
vgit is released under a GPLv3 license.