Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
The initial motivation for this patch was to fix an idle performance regression. In the interim, though, we have received a bunch of feedback for improvements and a couple of feature requests.
So thanks for all of your ongoing engagement and for continuing to share VisiData with the world. We hope you enjoy this final release of 2018!
A brief overview:
Improvements to the pandas loader.
- thanks to @nickray for the bughunting
When set to True
options.bulk_select_clearbulk select commands (
,, etc) will clear the previously selected rows.
- the default is set to False and exhibits the current behaviour of retaining the already selected rows
- thanks to @aborruso for the suggestion
Shift+Oonce again pushes the global options sheet. You can find the sheet options by pressing
gOnow opens the
.visidatarcwhich can be edited and saved from within the VisiData interface.
Sorting is now asynchronous, per user request. Please let us know how you find it.
- thanks to @apnewberry for starting that conversation
gz^now renames all visible columns to contents of selected rows and
gz*substitutes over all visible columns
- thanks, once again, to @aborruso for both suggestions
As usual, the complete list of changes can be found in the Changelog.