These Chef cookbooks assume the following:
- Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) or Debian 6 Squeeze
- Chef 0.10.x server and client
- No site-specific data such as IP addresses, users, etc.
- Usage as a submodule in another repository containing roles, data bags, etc.
- A minimal set of data bags containing: users, groups, certificates, apps and known ssh keys
- LWRP or definition to simplify fetching and installing remote debian packages
- Script to generate a skeleton top-level repository with example roles, data bags and an encrypted data bag secret
- setup limits.conf for solr
These cookbooks are based on those developed at 37signals, partially available at: https://github.com/37signals/37s_cookbooks Authors: John Williams, Mark Imbriaco, Taylor Weibley, Joshua Sierles and Will Jessop