Intro to R Class Materials
Here you can access a pdf version of the class slides. If you are looking for the demo R files, click into the into-to-r-demo-directory folder.
This lecture and demonstration will overview R, a programming language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. The lecture will describe R, point out sources of help, and provide recommended tutorials. Participants are encouraged follow along with the demonstration.
The demonstration will provide examples of the following R basics:
- RStudio project initialization
- Using RStudio (though the in-person version of this class is able to go into more depth with RStudio content than can be included in this github repo)
- Data types (strings, Booleans, and numeric data)
- Data structures (lists and data frames)
- Data import and export
- Performing basic statistical functions
- Creating basic graphs