Machete is a web application that manages a day labor referral service. Machete tracks work orders for employers looking for short term, casual labor. It also provides a means for matching laborers with specific skills to requests made by employers for skilled labor.
Machete performs the following tasks:
- Stores basic contact information for all persons associated with the Machete system
- Stores biographical and membership information on its members
- Records member sign-in using a identification number through either a bar code scanner or the keyboard
- Captures employer, work order, and work assignment details into a relational database
- Provides a fast, flexible method of dispatching workers to work orders based on English level, skill level, and employer requests