... is a set of interactive command line tools for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition. This is the source code for the python scripts and install functions used to create the dnd-tools AUR package. The aim of this project, inspired by donjon, is to create an offline, cross-platform, gamemaster tool set -- since you probaly have too many browser windows open already :-D
- Compeltely interactive: promted with start menu after every function
- Character generator: any or all stat blocks and features can be randomized
- NPC generator: 35 NPC classes with stat blocks populate as with character creation. Fixed NPC stats are in the Monster Manual and many places online.
- Save generated character: export generated character to text file
- Dice roller: any number of dice, any number of sides
- Encounter calculator: calculates modified experience per party size / level and monster party size (and CR)
- Loot generator: random loot tables based on CR, and indivdual or horde enemies
- Initiative roller: random d20 rolls for x number of players (raw / without initiaitve bonus)
- Tarokka card game: Tarrot card game from Curse of Strahd
- Wild magic effects: Effect roller for Wild Magic sorcerers
Installation / Usage:
$ git clone https://github.com/gtbjj/dnd-tools $ cd dnd-tools $ sudo python setup.py install $ /usr/bin/dnd-tools
- Install Python for Windows
- copy and paste the raw script to a text editor
- Save the script as
- Execute script in terminal with Python
To Do / Feature Requests: If you would like a feature added, first check issues tagged as enhancements. If you do not see the feature you are looking for, follow the issue template for feature requests.
Bugs: Please review issues tagged as bugs before making a new issue report. Be as clear and descriptive as possible when making bug reports, including output logs and what steps you've attempted to remedy the problem yourself.
Contributing: See CONTRIBUTING.md.