Ring Mac OSX
This is the official Mac port of Ring.
For more information about the ring project, see the following:
- Main website: https://ring.cx/
- Bug tracker: https://tuleap.ring.cx/projects/ring/
- Repositories: https://gerrit-ring.savoirfairelinux.com
- Ring daemon
- libRingClient (Qt5 version)
- Qt5 Core
- Cocoa framework
Build Sparkle framework (optional)
Ring can ship with the Sparkle framework to allow automatic app updates. This can be disabled for your custom build by specifying -DENABLE_SPARKLE=false in the cmake phase.
- cd sparkle/
- git submodule update
- cd Sparkle/
- make release
- A Finder window will popup in the directory where Sparkle has been built. Copy-paste the Sparkle.framework in sparkle/ in our project, or in /Library/Frameworks on your system.
mkdir build && cd build
Now generate an Xcode project with CMake: 3. cmake ../ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<libringclient_install_path> -G Xcode 4. open Ring.xcodeproj/ 5. Build and run it from Xcode. You can also generate the final Ring.app bundle.
You can also build it from the command line:
- cmake ../ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<libringclient_install_path>
- open Ring.app/
If you want to create the final app (self-containing .dmg):
- make install
- cpack -G DragNDrop Ring
By default the client version is specified in CMakeLists.txt but it can be overriden by specifying -DRING_VERSION=<num> in the cmake command line.
You can specify a custom ringtone folder containing audio files (only) with -DRINGTONE_DIR option
For now, the build type of the client is "Debug" by default, however it is useful to also have the debug symbols of libRingClient. To do this, specify this when compiling libRingClient with '-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug' in the cmake options.