This is a fork of KeePassHttp plugin adjusted to support Wine on macOS and Linux. If you have any questions, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manual installation is not so hard and takes 15-30 minutes. You can find all necessary steps down below.
Please let me know if you're facing some troubles with installation.
- Download latest KeePass 2.x for Windows from the official website.
- Download latest Wineskin from here.
- Create a new wrapper with Wine engine 1.7.52 (I tested this version but newer ones may work as well). Say
Nofor Gecko and Mono installation in Wineskin wizzard.
- Open created wrapper settings and go to
Screen Options. Mark
Use Mac Driver instead of X11. Click
- Next go to
Toolstab and click on
dotnet40tricks. Close this window.
- Click on
Install Softwareand install KeePass.
- Done! Now you have properly installed KeePass on Wine that runs nice and smoothly with no crappy Mono emulation and X11.
- Download KeePassHttpX.
- Open KeePass wrapper contents in Finder and go to
drive_c/Program Files/KeePass Password Safe 2/Plugins.
- Run KeePass.
- Wine has some issues with tray icons and popup notifications so we need to disable questions on access to the new db entries via KeePassHttp. Go to
Tools -> KeePassHttp Optionsand set
Always allow access to entrieson